UBC millwrights deliver automotive industry excellence through precision work and high productivity.
Our Difference Is Our Training
UBC millwrights are the automotive industry’s go-to professionals for machinery setting, rigging, welding, alignments, outages, and more. Our advantage is simple: We embrace new ways to keep pace with the evolving automotive industry. We do that by training specifically in automotive plant proficiency, making us expertly qualified in everything from outages and maintenance to mechatronics.
When quality, timeliness, and safety are the deliverables, we are called upon to leverage our experience and success with sophisticated precision levels and layout tools to set this equipment — sometimes adjusting to the width of a human hair — so that one station works in harmony with the next.
UBC Millwright Automotive Capabilities
Intense, ongoing instruction paves the way for consistent jobsite success. We get there through the renowned UBC International Training program, which fuels our preparation for the fast-paced automotive industry. We train on the most advanced equipment and tools in the industry, using a standardized curriculum, so that regardless of location, we supply professionals with the same, elite skillset.
- Precision layout and leveling
- Theodolite instrument
- Machinery installation, repair, and maintenance
- Tool railing
- Mechanical equipment
- Paint booths
- Rotating equipment
- Optical and laser alignment
- Fabrication and welding
- Certified rigging
Our UBC proprietary mechatronics technician training program develops skills to assemble, program, and maintain the mechanical, electronic, and computing components of robotics. Mechanics train using four integrated systems that include a robot, its electronic controller, and other peripherals. Jobsite, hands-on training is also provided.
For the automotive industry, our mechatronics training delivers craftsmen who are highly skilled — and who possess the vocabulary and understand the systems in order to communicate effectively.
UBC Certified Rigger and Signaler Program Accredited
Our Certified Rigger and Signaler Program is now accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agency. The certification exceeds all requirements for riggers and signalers in Canada and USA.
Success Grounded in Partnerships
Our members take pride in keeping their employers competitive and in-demand. We stress a professional work ethic to prevent late starts, early quits and long breaks. The result is a more productive, cost effective, healthy workforce — and satisfied customers.
To support our contractors, we customize training to meet changing industry demands. We have the ability to provide specific training needs — at the plant or at the training center — and deliver it in a timely, cost-effective way to keep production humming.
UBC contractors also have the power of mobility in Ontario, which gives them a deep pool of safe, productive, highly skilled auto industry professionals to pull from for any sized job in any location. We take ownership in a project with our contractors, because when they succeed we succeed. We understand the value of our contractor partnerships and successes.
Our business deliverable — safe, productive work — continues to evolve and keep pace with industry advancements and changeovers. We bring value to each and every jobsite. Every day.
Special Attention to Safety
There is no substitute for solid attention to safety, and the UBC believes a safe worksite is achieved only by comprehensive training for every millwright on every project. Our members must complete and achieve mastery of the following health and safety training programs.
- Working at Heights
- Ministry of Labour Workplace health and safety awareness
- Working in a Respectful and Inclusive Workplace
- Confined Space Hazard Awareness
- Lockout and Tag Safety
- Elevating Work Platforms
- Forklift (on slab)
- Forklift (rough terrain)
- HACCP (Hazard analysis critical control points)
- First Aid CPR – A and AED
- Silica awareness
- Working at Heights Refresher
- GHS WHMIS
- GHW WHMIS annual updates
- JHSC Certified Member
- MOL Workplace health and safety awareness
- Supervisor Health & Safety Awareness
- Millwright Health & Safety 16-Hour Course
- Asbestos Awareness
- Basics of Carbon Monoxide Safety
- Confined Space Hazard Awareness
- COVID 19 Awareness
- Hazards of Distracted Driving
- Health and Safety Representatives
- Hearing Protection
- Job Safety Analysis Tips
- Heat Stress in Construction
- Occupational Health & Safety Administration update
- PPE Selection
- Preventing Workplace-related Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Silica Hazard Awareness
- Skin Care in Construction
- Basic Construction Safety, consisting of:
- Introduction to Construction
- Legislation (Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations for Construction Projects)
- Common health and safety hazards
- Manual material handling and back care
- Elements of housekeeping
- Access equipment
- Basic electrical safety
The Bottom Line YOUR GOAL IS OUR GOAL
By using UBC millwrights, you are assured quality, productive work, from pre-planning to maintenance.
Our promise is simple:
- We will work safely, accurately, and dependably.
- We will respond to all requests promptly and will deliver the service that we promised.
- We will communicate early and often and will involve the customer every step of the way.
- We will complete projects according to specified schedules with pride and integrity.
Get in Touch Before Your Next Automotive Project Starts
Contact the UBC Millwright Local 2309 now to get more details on hiring the most dedicated and highly trained skilled labour. A representative will respond to your inquiry directly.