Staying competitive means completing plant outages on time, building quickly and correctly, and maintaining power generation equipment with pinpoint accuracy.
Fueling Productivity in the Power Generation Industry
UBC millwrights are power generation industry experts with the experience to solve problems and complete tasks with superior skills. We’re highly skilled trained professionals constructing, servicing and maintaining (SMRs) small modular reactors, gas and nuclear power industries — and in alternative energy plants including wind, hydro and solar.
Safety: Our Top-Priority Business Deliverable
UBC Millwright Local 2309 believes a safe worksite is achieved only through comprehensive training for every millwright on every project. Our members must complete and achieve mastery of the following health and safety training programs.
- Working at Heights
- Ministry of Labour Workplace health and safety awareness
- Working in a Respectful and Inclusive Workplace
- Confined Space Hazard Awareness
- Lockout and Tag Safety
- Elevating Work Platforms
- Forklift (on slab)
- Forklift (rough terrain)
- HACCP (Hazard analysis critical control points)
- First Aid CPR – A and AED
- Silica awareness
- Working at Heights Refresher
- GHS WHMIS
- GHW WHMIS annual updates
- JHSC Certified Member
- MOL Workplace health and safety awareness
- Supervisor Health & Safety Awareness
- Millwright Health & Safety 16-Hour Course
- Asbestos Awareness
- Basics of Carbon Monoxide Safety
- Confined Space Hazard Awareness
- COVID 19 Awareness
- Hazards of Distracted Driving
- Health and Safety Representatives
- Hearing Protection
- Job Safety Analysis Tips
- Heat Stress in Construction
- Occupational Health & Safety Administration update
- PPE Selection
- Preventing Workplace-related Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Silica Hazard Awareness
- Skin Care in Construction
- Basic Construction Safety, consisting of:
- Introduction to Construction
- Legislation (Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations for Construction Projects)
- Common health and safety hazards
- Manual material handling and back care
- Elements of housekeeping
- Access equipment
- Basic electrical safety
Our Excellence Is Grounded in Training and Partnerships
Led by an international Labour-Management Committee, the UBC millwright program seeks out industry partnerships with the goal of delivering exactly what is needed on every job.
Our partners include Siemens Generation Service, General Electric (APM), First Energy, Exelon and others, all of which assist in our training by providing equipment, expert consultation, guest instructors, and more.
For example, when a demand for turbine experts surfaced, we worked with industry leaders Atlantic Plant Maintenance and Siemens to develop gas and steam turbine qualification programs to train our Millwrights in the newest power plant technology.
The UBC’s International Training Center in Las Vegas now hosts a turbine training facility with equipment from these partners for hands-on instruction. UBC Millwright training also includes technical categories such as rigging and signaling, aerial lift, machinery alignment, optical alignment, forklifts, welding, and bolt tensioning.
The Way We Work
Starting with pre-project conferences to outline the scope of the work, manpower needs and scheduling issues, our contractors keep lines of communication open throughout the life of the project. We work with you to keep customers competitive and we offer foreman and superintendent training for solid jobsite leadership.
UBC Certified Rigger and Signaler Program Accredited
Our Certified Rigger and Signaler Program is now accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agency. The certification exceeds all requirements for riggers and signalers in Canada and USA.
UBC Millwright Local 2309 Commitment
On Every Work Site, Every Day, UBC millwrights and Contractors Bring:
Constant attention to safety is ingrained in our membership, from our leadership to our apprentices. Safety is designed into every UBC training program and we work with our partners to proactively ensure safety and resolve individual safety issues as they occur.
We come to work every day with a positive attitude, a professional appearance, and a determination to finish the job correctly on time, the first time.
UBC Millwright Local 2309 enables our contractors to be fully staffed at all times, which allows for quick response to emergencies and other challenges.
Meeting the schedule is key, and our disciplined, reliable crews know that fast, accurate installations are essential.
We keep projects on time and on budget using strategies fine-tuned to customer needs to get the job done safety, on time, every time.
We finish projects according to the customer’s satisfaction — and we follow through with training, maintenance and customer service. One call puts the best-trained maintenance crews at the worksite to get the system up and running as fast as possible.
The Bottom Line YOUR GOAL IS OUR GOAL
By using UBC millwrights, you are assured quality, productive work, from pre-planning to maintenance.
Our promise is simple:
- We will work safely, accurately, and dependably.
- We will respond to all requests promptly and will deliver the service that we promised.
- We will communicate early and often and will involve the customer every step of the way.
- We will complete projects according to specified schedules with pride and integrity.
Get in Touch Before Your Next Power Generation Project Starts
Contact the UBC Millwright Local 2309 now to get more details on hiring the most dedicated and highly trained skilled labor. A representative will respond to your inquiry directly.