Sisters In The Brotherhood
Millwright Local 2309 Sisters In The Brotherhood play a significant role in the development of recruitment and retention within our Local, along with supporting the overall goals and objectives of the UBC.
The goal of Sisters in the Brotherhood is to create a network of active members that provides avenues for women to eliminate barriers to their success and to promote an increase in the number and diversity of women in the UBC. We advocate for member involvement to strengthen the union and for the unity and retention of all members.
Stay Connected & Join SIB Mobile Messaging
Get news and information about the SIB delivered straight to your mobile phone. The Sisters in the Brotherhood texting program enables members to stay connected when news about our Union is available.
Text "SIB" to 877-705-2267 to join the UBC mobile messaging program.
SIB Political Action
We work on things that matter to all our members and contractors who employ them, such as:
- Labour laws that serve worker and honest employers including fair wages, worker safety, taxation, pension’s reform, workers’ compensation, employment insurance, and health and welfare programs.
- Initiatives that support and promote excellence in training, secure retirement and universal access to healthcare.
- Government programs, policies and initiatives that promote and grow the middle class.
- Campaigns against the underground economy, which exploits workers through substandard wage rates and no employment insurance and workers’ compensation benefits.
- Legislative measure that threatens our members and our union such as the recently repealed Bill C-377.
- Infrastructure funding that creates decent jobs, stimulates the economy and grows the middle class.
- Promotion of responsible energy developments.
LOCAL 2309 POLITICAL ACTION MEANS SUPPORTING PEOPLE AND POLICIES THAT SUPPORT MILLWRIGHT VALUES.